Our premium all-inclusive Elopement Experiences™ offer a one-of-a-kind DC Wedding Package for couples looking for an upscale “small wedding ceremony” at a fraction of the cost of a traditional wedding.
This concierge-style service includes everything you need to get married in DC – the marriage license, the officiant, a professional photographer, and elopement package planning and coordination. A member of our elopement planning team will speak with you by phone to go over each option and help you choose what’s best for you, and will make all the necessary arrangements so all you need to do is show up and get married!
- Elopement Experiences™ Package “A”
- Elopement Experiences™ Package “B”
- Elopement Experiences™ Package “C”
- Package Options and Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- DC Wedding Package Planning & Coordination — A member of our team will speak with you by phone to plan your elopement, then make all the necessary arrangements to schedule and reserve your services. A $250 non-refundable reservation fee is required prior to our team checking availability for locations or services, which will be applied to the final cost of your package once you sign a contract and finalize your booking. Location scouting and reservation is not included in Package “A”.[GO BACK]
- Wedding Ceremony Location Scouting and Reservation — For couples who prefer to have everything taken care of for them, our elopement planning team will contact your desired location to confirm availability, sign any necessary agreements, and pay for the reservation on your behalf. Some of our Premium Ceremony Locations require an additional rental fee.[GO BACK]
- Standard Ceremony Location List — Elopement Experiences™ Package “A” customers may choose any location within the city limits of the District of Columbia, or select from any of the locations on our Standard Ceremony Location List. Package “A” customers are required to make any arrangements themselves if a permit or reservation fee is necessary for their desired location.[GO BACK]
- Access to Premium Wedding Ceremony Locations — Elopement Experiences™ Packages “B” and “C” include access to our exclusive list of premium wedding ceremony locations. Premium ceremony locations are only available through these packages because our company maintains a relationship with the venue and handles their special requirements, such as corporate billing or providing coverage under our $1,000,000 liability insurance policy. Some premium locations require an additional fee, speak with one of our elopement planners for more details.[GO BACK]
- Marriage License by Proxy Service — We will submit your DC marriage license application and documents in person at the DC Marriage Bureau, pay for and obtain your marriage license, and send it with your officiant on your service date. Includes the $45 marriage application fee to the DC Court. For more information about this service, click here: DC Marriage License Application by Proxy[GO BACK]
- Marriage License Certified Copy Service — After your service, we will hand-deliver your signed marriage license to the DC Marriage Bureau and obtain one official “regular” certified copy for your records, and ship it to you via USPS Priority Mail with tracking. Additional “regular” certified copies are available for $15 each and “triple seal” certified copies are available for $25 each. Apostille service and international shipping are available for an additional fee. For more information about this service, click here: DC Marriage License Certified Copies [GO BACK]
- Authorized Professional Officiant — An experienced, professional officiant authorized by the DC Court will contact you directly to discuss ceremony options, and then perform a 7-10 minute standardized ceremony for you and up to 15 guests. You may choose either a non-denominational religious or secular (non-religious) ceremony, and whether you prefer traditional “repeat after me” vows or prefer to write your own custom vows. [GO BACK]
- One Hour of Professional Photography — An award-winning professional wedding photographer will perform a one hour single-location photo shoot (including the ceremony) and provide unrestricted hi-resolution digital images to you online within two weeks. Photo editing and retouching, physical proofs or photo albums, additional photography time, and additional locations are available for an additional fee.[GO BACK]
- Professional On-Site Hair & Make-Up — We will arrange for a professional hair stylist and a professional make-up artist to come to your hotel (or any other location you choose in DC) and make sure you look your very best for your wedding photos. Professional airbrush make-up is available for an additional fee.[GO BACK]
- Stunning Flowers from an Award-Winning DC Florist — Put the finishing touches on your magazine-ready wedding photos with amazing flowers from one of DC’s best wedding florists! Includes one bouquet and one boutonniere, or two boutonnieres, with extra pieces available for an additional fee. Includes delivery to your hotel or ceremony location, and DC sales tax.[GO BACK]
- How far in advance do we need to book? — The sooner you contact us to get the process started, the better – the more time we have, the more options you’ll have. Shorter timelines may require rush fees to complete certain services outside of our normal schedule, and we will always let you know the total price before you make your reservation with one of our elopement planners. The absolute shortest timeline we could accommodate under ideal conditions is 48 hours for Package “A”. We prefer to have at least two weeks advance notice to put together an Elopement Experiences™ package without any rush fees, and most of our couples book anywhere from one month to a year in advance of their wedding date.
- How does the $250 non-refundable reservation fee work? — Our elopement planners are happy to do a free, no-obligation initial phone consultation with you to answer any questions you might have, and to discuss the options available for our Elopement Experiences™ packages. Once you decide you want to move forward with an Elopement Experience™ package, we will ask you to sign a brief agreement and pay a $250 non-refundable reservation fee. You don’t need to have anything picked out at this point, or even decide which package you’re booking, but our team can’t begin to do the work of checking availability or making any arrangements with locations and service providers until after the $250 reservation fee has been paid. Once you’ve settled on which package you’d like to book and you’ve selected any optional services, your elopement planner will send you a contract that outlines exactly which services you’re getting and the total price, at which point you will be required to pay the remaining balance to reserve your date and services. The amount of time the selection and booking process takes depends on you – many of our couples choose everything and finalize their booking in one phone call, while others may take a few weeks to decide.
- How do we get the process started? — The first (and best) step is to contact us by filling out our web form so we have all of your information, and we will get in touch with you quickly to answer any questions you may have and schedule a free consultation. We look forward to speaking with you!